Critical Analysis


In the beginning of the course, I felt that it is important to have Effective Communication as a module. I believe communicating well is very important and is a essential skill which will be beneficial in the near future. My goal for this module is to improve on my written and presentation skills. There are a few takeaways for this module and group project.

Firstly, I have learnt a lot from my professor on how to paraphrase, citing a source and summarizing an article properly. After practicing on paraphrasing many times, it helps to improve my written skills. This helps me to paraphrase better for my design summary and design analysis. Secondly, professor brad insists us in doing peer evaluation for each other. This help us by learning from one another. Lastly, the presentation for my project. There was an improvement I made from the mock presentation. I was not a good speaker to begin with and presenting to a group of audience was never easy to me. The feedback my classmates gave me during the mock presentation was very useful to me. It allows me to know the strengths that I have and what I need to improve on. I felt that I did so much better for the final presentation compared to the mock. In order to present well, I have realized that having a correct body language, having a flow in presenting and proper use of words is important.

I was quite afraid at first when I have to worked with people, I am not familiar with. It was my privilege to be in the team SmartNav. I am so thankful for my teammates. Even though there was some disagreement of ideas with each other, I am glad that we managed to pull it through and presenting it as a team. It was a good opportunity for me to work on something that i am not familiar. I have also learnt to persevere. Instead of give up the idea on SmartNav after encountering a problem, the team should come together as a whole to improve on it. During final presentation, I was very impressed by my classmates. Some groups were very engaging by asking questions or started off with a story. After going through this module, I have learnt a lot and there is still further improvement for my writing and presentation skills.


Comments

  1. Thanks very much, Andy, for this detailed critical reflection. You provide lots of supporting info as you briefly review your work during the term. I'm impressed by the learning you mention in terms of peer feedback and teamwork. It warms my heart that you feel like you were able to gain from your classmates. I'm glad that you also persevered within your team to do a commendable job with all your work. At the same time, in this post, with a focus on 'critical reflection,' it would have been good to explain how any of your module experience might contribute to your work going forward.

    In any case, I appreciate all your effort this term. Best wishes as you continue your learning journey.

    Brad

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Summary Draft 2